Graphic Imaging is an exciting opportunity for students to explore the nature of communication and more fully develop their creative talents. In this course of study, students plan, design and produce their own projects from concept to finished product. In Graphic Imaging, you will learn about the design, layout, color theory, typesetting, darkroom techniques (photography), production quality, and photo-offset printing.
Skills & Traits Necessary for Success:
- The skills associated with Graphic Imaging are directly related to various phases of newspaper and magazine publishing.
- The skills learned can be used as a foundation for college-level studies.
Careers in Graphic Imaging:
- Desktop Publishing
- Design and Layout Preparation
- High-tech Copying Equipment Operation
- High-speed Offset Press Operation
- Computer-based Printing and Duplication
- Screen Printing Technology
- Pursue Related Careers in Two or Four-Year College
- Grades 11 & 12
- 3 credits toward graduation each year
- Class fee of $21 plus cost of supplies